Don't live in a house with mould
Moulds as living organisms have a specific purpose on our planet. For humans, they are used in the pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries. The best known is the use of the species Penicillium notatum, which produces known antibiotics. However, living with moulds does not only bring benefits. Their negative side is mainly reflected in their harmful effects on human health.
Moulds shoot out reproductive spores, which are released into the air from the mycelium. When we move or even live in areas with moulds we can suffer from headache, eye irritation, respiratory problems and allergies.
Moulds as they grow they produce dangerous ketones, aldehydes and ethers. These chemicals also can cause allergies or headache, fatique, eye irritations.
Moulds thanks to their enzyms are very adaptable to contaminate any substrate- also food.
They release mycotoxins into food which cause acute or chronic diseases-mycotoxicosis.
Disposal of moulds
The elimination of moulds in residential buildings is therefore not just a cosmetic treatment, but a targeted intervention.
The principle is that from spring to autumn, the amount of mould spores in the flats is smaller than in the surrounding air. During this period, the most common species are: Cladosporium, Alternaria, Fusarium, Aspergillus. In winter, the number of spores in the flats is larger and the most represented species are: Penicillium, Mucor, Aspergillus.
As soon as suitable conditions for them in the flats, which is the increased humidity of the masonry and the air, they start to grow. And it is the spores of these species that are serious allergens.
The fight against moulds is all the more complicated because, when disposing of them, care must be taken to avoid recontamination (re-infestation) with their spores. It is recommended to use the so-called wet path for their disposal. Suitable fungicidal preparations are applied to the fungal mycelia.
For the elimination of moulds, preparations are often used which usually only "burn" the mould or discolor it on the surface, but cannot penetrate into the masonry, where its germs remain. They may grow into more resistant mould or may even mutate (genetic change) and the products used may have a limited effect.
For fungicides, we must also emphasize the minimization of risk, both for the surface on which the fungi grow and for the person performing the treatment. It is ideal if the product also has a lasting effect.
When using products with a fungicidal effect, always observe the safety precautions and warnings marked on the product label.
In any case, these are chemicals that add an additional health hazard to the already quite "polluted" environment.
BIOREPEL® is not a chemical product, but a biological product and is therefore a significant benefit in the field of mould control.
Not only does it eliminate mould, but it also has a lasting effect when added to paints. It does not cause allergies, is environmentally friendly and also meets the condition of wet application, because it is applied dissolved in water.
"BIOREPEL, which suppresses mould on walls, is ahead of its time because it does not pollute the air, not even the smell, and only notices mould. After the elimination of moulds, the clever fungus is placed in a resting stage and lurks for new moulds that would like to grow on the wall.
Disinfect your homes
Increased air contamination by bacteria, fungi and viruses can cause many side effects on health - from nausea, allergies, inflammation, to breathing difficulties. This overloads our body and weakens the immune system, which may not have enough strength for more serious diseases
The hygienic limit of indoor air pollution according to EUR 14988 (criterion of concentration of mixed population of bacteria and mixed population of fungi in the air of living rooms) is contamination up to 500 KTJ (colony forming units) / m3. Greater contamination can have a major impact on our health. In particular, people with a significantly weakened immune system can be seriously compromised.
One of the tests of the biological biocidal product BIOREPEL® was to reduce air contamination. Before applying the product, we took samples of fallout. Petri dishes with agar and samples were left open for twenty minutes and after closing we were transported to the laboratory to determine the contamination per m3. Subsequently, we preventively applied BIOREPEL spray to all walls in the rooms by spraying.
Laboratory results of measurements before application determined the range of contamination of 629 to 4718 microorganisms per m3.
Laboratory measurements of fallout in treated rooms seven days after application, when the rooms were normally in operation, determined a contamination range of 31 to 236 microorganisms per m3.
The last measurements of fallout in the treated rooms twelve weeks after application determined the contamination range of 8 to 47 microorganisms per m3.
We can use BIOREPEL® in the rooms where we live, work and do not even have to leave the room after the treatment.
You can buy BIOREPEL® with Smart Sponge - Pythium oligandrum in paint shops, in retail chains in the paint department or in drugstores selling paints.
If you have any questions, please contact us